Sunday, January 20, 2013

AJHL update Jan 18th-20th

[Incomplete... but I need to get some rest, and finish this hopefully in the morning or at the latest, early afternoon today (Sunday) after 2 afternoon games are finished as soon as freakin' possible... but thought I would post what I have thusfar...]

Besides game summaries that I will update in later - this post is 100% complete. :)

Okay... as, what isn't a real surprise to me... with everything going on at the arena, and not getting enough sleep lately - combination of that and the snow shoveling last night seemingly sucking the life out of me also - but well, because of all that I wasn't able to finish the 18th's update pre-game tonight (Friday). So it makes no sense now to do split entries...as there's going to be teams I've yet to get to from the 18th that played today on the 19th (today) - so doesn't make any sense to split these. I was 'off duty' so to say, at the CGA tonight besides my usual helping out in anyway I can. But in between game tweets, I was still attempting to finish the 18th update... took like a whole period to get the Mustangs portion done - that's when I knew it was doomed to be completed... but I refuse to give up until I really run out of time.

Basically what I yattered on about is - the post will be one [for the last 3 days of games]... 13 15 games worth and likely all 16 teams played, so order of teams listed by their order on the schedule, therefore makes no sense either - back to alphabetical listing. I feel like I should just so 'to heck with this for tonight' as I am beat tired, had a couple beers at the Earl's meet and greet with the team... but still I feel obligated to do everything I possibly can to get this update done tonight [and obvously failed miserably! Haha!]. Like last [Friday] night, if I [didn't] even manage to stay with it til then, I'll likely cut myself off at [before] 5am and then call[-ed] it a night, and in all reality very likely have more to finish on this tomorrow unfortunately [absolutely will finish it now, Monday night, with it being a day off from league play]... but I am stubborn and determined to try, even when it seems impossible to do something - I'm the type, if I enjoy what I'm doing, that I give my all to do the best I possibly can.

*Apologies for this turning into a 3 day update... it's mainly been a sleep/fatigue issue and I think I've [definitely] figured it out... but as the afternoon games are on, and I'm dead tired, I am going to lay down for a bit and hopefully be able to stay awake to accomplish anything. I should and will definitely have it finished tonight though... they are only 2 AJ games today... so it shouldn't be too much of a challenge if I get some more rest. More in the coming hours...

Crap... due to a Chrome crash, I lost some work and have to retype a bunch [from Sunday]... grr!!!

Tuesday notes: I'm having no luck completing this post lately... had a total collapse of energy last night after having high hope of finishing, then today when I had lunch I had hopes of getting some progress but my stupid laptop battery died after only replying to a few EP related messages... it's getting flippin hopeless... but I am very stubborn and refuse to give up, so hopefully I can get this thing maybe all complete but for game summaries, by pre-game, then can add those in after.

Stats now fully updated on EP, just need to update Wolverines changes and game summaries!

So, here goes...
- - - - -

Friday scores:
  1. Saints beat Drayton Valley 4-1 in Spruce Grove. Wow, that was a dominant game by the Saints, outshooting 37-17. It really surprised me the Saints don't get more people to their games... top team in the North only with 572 attending. Bobcats have been at the bottom of the division most of the season and when I notice they usually have over 1000 - maybe it's the proximity to Edmonton. Wow, awful lots of penalties in that one - 9 players with over 10mins! Saints C #10 Sammy Spurrell the lone 3 pt player (2G, 1A).
  2. Pontiacs beat Sherwood Park 4-3 in a shootout in Bonnyville. Another one-sided game in shots (42-23 BON), but close in score. RW/C #15 Spencer Foo with the shootout winner for Pontiacs.
  3. Bandits absolutely clobbered the Mustangs 9-0 in Brooks.
  4. Dragons beat Camrose 4-3 in Drumheller.
  5. Olds beat the Storm 2-0 here in Grande Prairie.
  6. Okotoks beat the Oil Barons 2-1 in #oldFortMcMurray (RM of Wood Buffalo).
Saturday scores:
Sunday scores:
- - - - -

Suspension update:


January 18, 2013 - Bonnyville player, Tommy Barszc, has been suspended for two (2) games as a result of being assessed a major penalty for kneeing during a January 18, 2013 game in Bonnyville.  The suspension is to be served during the Pontiacs’ next two (2) regularly scheduled League games.

So, C #18 Tommy Barszcz will be was out Saturday & [will be out] [was out] Tuesday, and eligible to return Wednesday, the 23rd. Brooks AC Brent Gunnlaugson (who I honestly have no memory added to EP long ago... hehe! That's not saying much - my memory prior to August especially, is a bit of a haze... haha!) & Drumheller AC Kurt Walsten (exactly as I said about Gunnlaugson... added to EP but no recollection whatsoever) are out for a game a piece, but as we have no option for listing suspensions for staff on EP, I'll focus on the player suspensions.

As for Olds LD #3 Taylor Bilyk - I had a deep down feeling he might get dinged for that instigator he was given last night Friday. Hmm.. Olds has a bit of a strange schedule - they play[-ed] their 3rd game in 3 nights  Sunday, but I guess the lengthy break is after Bilyk's suspension would end anyhow. He would have served it tonight Saturday and is was eligible to play for the Grizzlys tomorrow Sunday, anyhow. But yeah, their next game after Sunday isn't until, get this - February 6th! I guess it kind of make sense with them playing a bunch more than everyone else now, but still... looks kind of bizarre to be off over 2 and a half weeks during the regular season, without the whole league being on holiday (Christmas break, I'm getting at). Gotta wonder if there is some kind of reasoning behind them having such a lengthy break like that.

I know this order is a bit messed up, but it's due to this post being delayed... my apologies! But anyways, Canucks D #10 Alex Marcinew - why, like Bilyk, I didn't think of suspension for him - who knows. But, he missed the game Sunday, serving the suspension, in Whitecourt, and is eligible to return Tuesday. Thunder C #20 Eric Sieben will serve his suspension Thursday & Saturday this week, and will be eligible to return 2 Fridays from now, February 1st. Wow, has this month ever flown by fast for me!
- - - - -

Changes:

Bonnyville:
*LW #11 Jackson Dudley is back from injury ("Upper body injury, expected back by Jan 10th-15th"), and played last night Friday & Saturday.

Brooks:
*The injury bug as officially hit the Bandits, as LW #37 Taylor Makin is now out (Lower body injury suffered Jan 6th, expected back Jan 20th - Feb 3rd), F #12 Tyson McCallum (Upper body injury suffered Jan 11th, expected back Jan 25th - Feb 8th) & LD #3 Chris Muscoby (Lower body injury suffered Jan 15th, expected back Jan 29th - Feb 12th) are all newly listed as out of the lineup.
*D/F #4 Tyler Narsing, has been de-listed and removed from the Bandits AJ stats/roster. Current whereabouts unknown.

Calgary Canucks:
*C #12 Clayton Petrie, returned from injury (Concussion, day-to-day), to play here in GP against the Storm.
*Although our updater girl here in GP marked on the current online AJHL game sheet that G #31 Andrew Guglielmin played backed up - that is false! I have the paper copy of the roster right in front of me, as the league staff has been giving me copies lately Calgary Canucks backup [Saturday] was an un-name-barred #1, Austin Hannaford (speaking of Hannaford, I am in the process of getting better profile info for EP), listed on the paper sheet as an "ECU" - which I assume stands for "emergency callup" (just confirmed in email from AJHL). Actually, since I am pretty sure I have the ability to at the very least, take Guglielmin off the game sheet and leave the backup as blank (as I'm unable to add players to the AJHL website currently - I am working on it to add some Storm APs)... never mind, once the games are posted and saved they soon after get locked by the league, so I can't removed Guglielmin from the online game sheet. I have emailed the league about it though... hopefully they at the least remove Guglielmin from the game sheet - I wouldn't be surprised if he's still in Calgary resting/healing now... and if he saw the sheet would probably be wondering... "what the heck is going on?"... haha! As for Hannaford, even though he's not listed on the game sheet from this afternoon in Whitecourt, my updater friend there told me that Hannaford was the backup there also, but as he's not been listed on the AJHL website with a profile by the Canucks staff - the updater was unable to list him on the online game sheet as the backup. The Whitecourt updater is certain Hannaford was the backup there in Whitecourt at 2:30pm, so that means that the HCMAA game sheet must be incorrect, as that game started at 3:30pm. For now, I go with official links for the transfers... but I should email[-ed] the Hockey Calgary Midget AA league about it if possible to. Update - confirmed by Austin's father Jamie in emails with me, Austin 100% was not in the lineup for the Midget AA game in Calgary... which is exactly what I thought, without 100% proof. But... Hockey Calgary has still yet to change anything on the game sheet from Sunday, and has not responded to my email. Basically, what I'm saying - even though Austin was an ECU, as I know for certain he has yet to legitimately be on a Midget AA game sheet... therefore he'll remain on the Canucks active EP AJ roster until I see him on a future game sheet in Calgary, or get confirmation from Jamie that he's back home (which is probably the quickest/likeliest to happen) as he'd also have to be back home for high school, just turning 16 in December.
*RD/F #40 Eric Kardash went back down to the Calgary Northstars Midget AAAs (AMHL) to play in their game Saturday.
*As I had posted and lost, C #20 Sam Plaquin, as Jeff Henson told me pre-game against the Storm in the press box Saturday - Plaquin was released by the Oilers in December (which I was pretty sure of already), and was added by the Canucks and played his first game Jan 5th, but as I also found out from Jeff and that said paper game sheet I have with me now, Plaquin is only an AP with the Canucks. So because of that, one would assume he is/has been playing Jr. B hockey somewhere (I figured Calgary Jr. B - CalJHL, but he is not listed on any team's stats/roster there)... but for the life of me I can't find proof anywhere of that. It seems as though, due to the injuries they have been cursed with a lot lately, the Canucks are just utilizing his AP status as best as they possibly can to help fill the lineup.
*LD #7 Jake Dube, as expected, was back down playing with the UFA Bisons Midget AAAs (AMHL), Saturday.
*Most recent #7, D Zach Fowles, was up playing with the Canucks both Saturday & yesterday afternoon, from the Edge School Prep team from both the CSSHL & MPHL. He will likely be in the lineup for the team in their next MPHL game on Friday.
*To no surprise to me, '3rd string goalie' (at least to me, he seems to be #3 on the Canucks depth chart) G #1 Jeff Orser, was back down playing with the Calgary Northstars Midget AAAs (AMHL) Saturday.
*Canucks 4th/5th G on the 'depth chart' G #32 Curtis Bowman, was also back down for CRAA Gold Midget AA (HCMAA) in the lineup for game yesterday.
*RW #35 Justin Peers, was back down, in the lineup, with Calgary Northstars Midget AAAs (AMHL) for game Saturday.

Calgary Mustangs:
*Success - they [Mustangs staf/updaters] finally updated the AJ profiles of RW #29 Evan Pugh & C #26 Matt McNair, with accurate player info! Awesome! Pugh by the way, was back with the Calgary Flames Midget AAAs (AMHL) today Saturday. McNair by the way, like Zach Fowles mentioned in the Canucks section, will likely be back playing for Edge School Prep in the MPHL, on the 25th.
*RW #26 Colby Chartier was up & played last night, from the UFA Bisons Midget AAAs (AMHL) and likely is was back [playing] with the Bisons for a game tonight Saturday.
*C #17 Austin Masse, was up and played last night, from UFA Bisons Midget AAA (AMHL), and he's likely [he was] down for a Bisons game currently Saturday (stats aren't listed by AMHL until at least a few hours after game time from what I've noticed).
*LW #11 Ryan Zeniuk, was also up and played last night Friday, also from UFA Bisons, and therefore likely [was] back with the Bisons playing right now for them Saturday.
*#-less LW Matthew Alfaro, now listed as an AP/reserve, but currently plays with the Calgary Northstars Midget AAAs (AMHL).

Camrose:
*RD/F #2 Dallas Bergstrom, returned Saturday from suspension (2 game suspension as a result of being assessed a boarding penalty Jan 11th, eligible to return Jan 19th).
*It's definitely possible I missed this is one of those heavily belated post, but I am pretty sure C #22 Hudson Elyniuk, was later added to the Kodiaks Jan 5th game sheet. But regardless, he's been back down playing with Calgary Flames Midget AAAs (AMHL) since the 9th.
*Kodiaks gained a familiar face to the lineup Saturday, in C #17 Tanner Marshall, who's played with the Kodiaks on and off since 2009. I have no clue if it was injury, or he was playing elsewhere and I just cannot track it down (and I have tried, hard!)... but am leaning towards the first. Whatever the case - Saturday was his first AJHL game since the 2012 playoffs.

Canmore:
*LW #7 Carter Jensen, was back up playing with the Eagles Saturday. As of now, I have no clue if he was back with CRAA Gold Jr. B (CalJHL) for game on the 21st or not. Currently on their schedule, the game is listed as to be played yesterday at 3:15 at a TBA location (as of 4:38pm Monday)... it's strange alright! How they don't have a set location listed, even the day after the game was to be played - is really bizarre to me. Got to be some reasoning behind it though.
*Another recent #7, LD Clive Rozdeba, as expected, was back down playing with Calgary Royals Midget AAAs (AMHL) on Saturday.
*Yet another recent #7, F Bryan Huck, played for the Eagles on the 17th. Much like I said about C #22 Hudson Elynuik with Camrose, I very well could have missed him in a previous update, but I'm just about 100% certain he was added with an AJHL profile to the game sheet after my update from the game he played. As for Huck in general, little I can find on him. It's likely because he's played the midget I can find with the Hockey Calgary Midget AA (HCMAA) which do not list much for player information besides name, #, sometime position, and stats. My guess about the lack of intel on him - he had a quick rise from lower level (A likely) leagues where stats aren't kept online long, if at all, in bantam and midget and is just becoming 'known' now due to his HCMAA career; and now more so with this AJ game under his belt. Huck is currently tied for the Midget AA team's point lead with an impressive 42 points (18G, 24A) in 20 games, and 2nd on the team in goals (18, as I listed above) - definitely looks like he earned the chance to play in the AJ! He, however was not in the lineup for their last game Sunday, but a fairly good chance he will be on the 27th.

Drayton Valley:
*Okay, this 'situation' with RD #5 Colton Cassidy progressively baffles me. I presume he's hurt, but have no proof. He's on the AJ's Thunder reserves yes, but has yet to play for the Leduc Riggers Jr. B team (CapJHL) where he is listed on their active stats/roster, albeit with a really screwy profile (#100, NR??? What... haha!). So because of this, I've kept him on active with the Thunder on EP.

Drumheller:
*LD #23 Tyler Poskus, listed as playing Friday & Saturday for the Dragons.

Fort McMurray:
*No roster moves, but captaincy changes, post Jan 10th moves: C #9 Mike Marianchuk becomes new MOB captain (replacing LD #4 Brock Maschmeyer that was traded to Nanaimo of the BCHL), D/F #5 Taylor Graham possible future permanent A, and as he was one also earlier in season & LW/C #20 Justin Fraser, remains assistant.

Grande Prairie:
*Speaking of the game tonight vs the Canucks... well, I should have done this a while ago now, but never got around to it myself. I kind of thought someone else would have by now, as I'm not a regular updater, but oh well... I can fix it up now. Former Storm C/LW #19 Marc-Etienne Drapeau had never been removed by anyone else off the Storm's reserve roster... but I just removed him now. He was, after all, traded to the LHJAAAQ at the deadline, after leaving the team to attend pharmaceutical school.
*Also, I heard Storm captain RW #15 Taylor Cote was no longer with the team. Later heard there was a tweet about him going to work in the oilfield. Here's that very tweet, from Jan 11th - I don't know for sure if this means Cote has retired from hockey and has been 'let go/released' as a member of the team/carded player, but will try finding out for sure. Tough alright... unfortunately it appears the post concussion issues were too much to continue playing hockey, at least now.
*Recently acquired C #19 Braeden Music, as I found out directly from him - out with a day-to-day back injury, and likely back in the lineup for one or both of the home games here against Bonnyville Tuesday & Wednesday.
*LD #6 Kye McKinney, was back down playing with Fort Saskatchewan Rangers Midget AAAs (AMHL), since Jan 12th.
*C/RW #23 John Webb, was back down playing with Sexsmith Vipers (NWJHL) as of Saturday.

Lloydminster:
*D #26 Stefan Freter, was back down playing with the Lloydminster Bobcats Midget AAAs (AMHL) for a game Saturday.
*As for C #19 Ryley Wozniak - I'd update his status but that I cannot. His Jr. B team, St. Paul Canadiens (NEAJBHL) has a game between his last AJHL game (around the 11th) and Saturday's Bobcats game but... the league site is down...
*LD #8 Taylor Mulder, went back down to play with his Jr. B team, Blackfalds Wranglers, as of game Saturday.

Okotoks:
*Though still listed as injured (Lower body injury, expected back by Jan 28th) on Oilers AJ roster, LWF #22 Colton Sheen returned to the lineup for Friday's game.
*LW #20 Sheldon Rempal was down playing with the Calgary Buffaloes Midget AAAs (AMHL) on Saturday.

Olds:
* Captain F #14 Bart Moranreturned to the Grizzlys lineup Sunday, from injury (Upper body injury as of Jan 5th, out indefinitely).
*RD #6 Matt Hanger, also returned from injury (Upper body injury as of Dec 18th, out indefinitely) in Friday's game.
*To 100% confirm my suspicions on the status of D #26 Cale Brown, he's been de-listed from the Mountainview Colts (HJHL) stats/roster. Here's his now hidden HJHL profile with final stats. So I guess it's safe to say he's a fully carded played with the Grizzlys, likely for the rest of the season.
*D/LW #26 Chaydan Lauber, has been back down playing with the Southeast Hounds Minor Midget AAAs (AMMHL) since Saturday.

Sherwood Park - strangely, no changes I'm aware of. Probably a good sign - general means they're healthy. *Well, so much for that crossed out idea... haha! Unfortunately for the Cru, they do have an injury now - C #20 Bowen Croft is out of the lineup, briefly at least (Lower body injury suffered Jan 18th, day-to-day).
*Cru also have a newly listed AP/reserve, from the Lloydminster Bobcats Midget AAAs (AMHL) - LW #25 Bryce Woodward is apparently up with the Crusaders but has yet to play. Here is his AJHL profile, and below is a screenshot showing him on active AJ stats/roster:


Spruce Grove:
*LD #4 Connor James was up and played for the Saints last night, from the Lloydminster Bobcats Midget AAAs (AMHL). Chances are very likely, he's in the lineup at this moment for the Bobcats.
*His teammate with the Bobcats, C #14 (he was #25 before RW Connor Hoekstra was traded in) Tyler Busch, also was up and played for the Saints, and same story with him about likely playing today for the Bobcats back with the Bobcats Saturday
*RW #20 Jarid Hauptman is back from injury ("Lower body injury suffered Jan 9th, expected back Jan 16th") to play last night also
*Strange... from what I have on file, G Tyler Fuhr & G Nathan Park switched #s. Fuhr was originally listed as #31 when added to the Saints AJ roster with Park being #35... now they are opposite. No idea why... maybe they worked out a deal for it or something. I have to wonder though... does this suggest Park is on the way out?
*C #10 Sammy Spurrell is back out of the lineup with injury, this time a 3 week upper body injury as of the 19th - in other words to me: Upper body injury suffered Jan 19th, expected back by Feb 9th.
*LD #4 Connor James was back playing with the Lloydminster Bobcats Midget AAAs (AMHL) as of  Saturday.

Whitecourt:
*D #3 Kellan Cornelis, from Fort Saskatchewan Rangers Midget AAA (AMHL), and played on Saturday & Sunday. He likely will be back in the Rangers lineup Feb 2nd.
*#-less LW Brandon Ralph. added to Wolverines APs/reserves from Fort Saskatchewan Rangers Midget AAAs (AMHL).
*#-less C#4 Jaden Sveinson, also added to the APs/reserves.. update on him as in my overtired stupid last night... anyways, as I was too tired to look hard enough apparently... Jaden is playing with the Leduc Oil Kings Midget AAAs (AMHL) this season.
- - - - -

As for the overtired stupor last night... seriously... besides the below notes that make next to no sense... I have no idea when I got that I needed "more tomato when not passing out!" Haha! Check this and this tweet - I'd delete them, but they are classics... I'd be removing pure gold! Haha! Were you aware there's 32 days in January now?? Haha! Heck, I couldn't even do my unique intro tweeter signature right "~>"... haha!)

Best go to sleep though... will update game summaries and et to work on  tomorrow glames as we,,==,

As for now, badly need to get to bed.! Ta -ta! More tomato whn I'm noyt passing out. Haha!

[Incomplete... but I need to get some rest, and finish this hopefully in the morning or at the latest, early afternoon today (Sunday) after 2 afternoon games are finished as soon as freakin' possible... but thought I would post what I have thu far...]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to drop me comments, unless you're a spammer then it will be deleted - which is the main reason why I've started comment moderation. Besides that I'll likely approve just about anything, unless it get's obscene or such.